|resources:||Home Mailing List Source Code Bugs Docs|
Fast Component Requirements
Currently the script has been tested on Linux and Windows platforms, and is not known to work on any other platforms yet. We hope to ensure it does in the future
Here is the list of requirements for running the script:
- The Mozilla source code - the script will put your newly created component in the extensions/ folder of the Mozilla source tree.
- Network connection - you must be online for the script to execute correctly.
- A shell script executable environment - this comes native on Linux and can be installed as part of the Cygwin environment on Windows.
- uuidgen - this program generates a unique uuid for your component. uuidgen is installed as part of the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment on Windows(1). If this program is not found on your system, a default value will be assigned.
- CVS - the script connects to the mozdev server to retrieve files needed for use as templates for your project.
- make - if you want to use the -c option (to compile) after creating your
- xpcshell - used when you run the -t option for testing the new component. This will automatically be generated when you compile your Mozilla source tree.
- At the time of writing, I am not aware of another way to get uuidgen on Windows.